About Rick Yestadt
Award winning Principal, Rick Yestadt, founded Yestadt Architecture and Design on the premise that good design creates value and that value spans time.
Mr. Yestadt is a member of the American Institute of Architects, American Planning Association and is a licensed Architect in the state of New York and Connecticut. Rick received his bachelor of Architecture degree from Auburn University and attended Harvard University Graduate School of Design – Executive Education Program.
Prior to founding Yestadt Architecture and Design, Rick Yestadt trained and worked with the renowned Architect Marcel Breuer, of the Bauhaus School of Design. This unique pivotal experience served as one of the building blocks for Rick’s career and design perspective.
Further solidifying his interest in the impact of Design and its value to culture and society, Rick also worked with several highly respected Design Firms including Perkins Eastman, Davis Brody & Associates and Gruzen/Sampton as Senior Designer and Senior Associate.
Mr. Yestadt brings considerable experience in Programming and Development of conceptual and schematic designs for a wide variety of project types. This includes residential and multi-family housing, retail, senior housing, health care facilities, research laboratories, office buildings and public structures and country clubs.
Rick served as Director of Planning for Green Power Alliance, is currently an Advisor to the Board of Full Moon Resort, www.fullmoonresort.com and has served on the selection Committee for the Westchester Municipal Planning Federation Achievement Awards.
Mr. Yestadt has received numerous Awards for Design Excellence including:
- Award – A’Design Silver Award y.O ZmartChair – 2016
- Finalist – Society of British Interior Design
- Special Mention – Architizer A+Awards
- Award – ALFA National Design Award
- Award – Contemporary Long -Term Care Magazine Order of Excellence
- Award – AIA/AAHSA Design for Aging Review
- Award – Award of Merit – New York Construction
- Award – AIA Citation – Design
- Award – AIA Citation – Design for Aging Review
- Cover of Time Magazine – June 1993
- Crain’s New York Business Magazine – July 2011
- Dr. Oz Show – August 2014
- Westchester Magazine Article – July 2016